Nature welcomes us, let's respect it!
Belonging to the "Grands Sites", these emblematic landscapes and exceptional places recognized at national level, the Dune du Pilat is listed among the most frequented with nearly 2 million visitors estimated each year. This frequentation subjects nearby natural environments to strong pressures.
By respecting the regulations and adopting a few simple reflexes, each of us can contribute to respecting biodiversity, while enjoying an exceptional natural setting. All the municipal and prefectural decrees in force are listed below.
Respect the regulations in protected environments
For your safety and respect for the Grand Site,
- Do not leave your waste in nature
- Respect biodiversity: no disturbance of species, no picking of plants and no removal (plants, sand, relics, etc.)
- Observe the authorized overflight zones: regulated free flight practice
- Keep your dog on a leash
- Bivouacs and wild camping prohibited
- Motorized vehicles prohibited
- Board sports prohibited
- No smoking
- No fires, regardless of the location
Wild parking is strictly prohibited
For safety reasons, it is strictly forbidden to park on the shoulders of the road.
Any offender is liable to a fine of 135€ and removal of his vehicle for impoundment.
Protect forests from fires
The Landes de Gascogne massif is classified as a high risk forest fire. The risk of forest fires is permanent and increases with the reckless behavior of visitors.
94% forest fires are of human origin. For your safety and to limit the risk of starting fires, everyone must be vigilant and adopt the right actions.
In case of fire, dial 18 or 112.
The practice of free flight
The practice of free flight on the whole of the Grand Site of the Dune du Pilat is regulated. More info on www.tourisme-latestedebuch.com
The use of drones
In order to ensure the safety of all visitors, the use of drones for recreational use is strictly prohibited on the Grand Site of the Dune du Pilat.
Professional drones require prior authorization.
- Order no. 2023-629 – Regulation of access to the forest massif from September 1, 2023
- Order n°2022-502 – Smoking ban on the entire Dune du Pilat site
- Order n°2022-158 – regulating free flight activities on the Grand Site of the Dune du Pilat
- Municipal decree 2021-0182 - regulating the use of drone-type flying devices on the territory of the municipality
- Order n ° 2014-849 - Traffic and parking within the national forest and the coastal area of the Teste de Buch
- Order n ° 2013-726 - Protection of wooded and coastal natural areas of the Teste de Buch
- Amending prefectural decree 2009 - relating to the regulations in the classified site of the dune of Pilat and the user forest of Teste de Buch
- Prefectural decree 2005 - relating to the regulations in the classified site of the dune of Pilat and the user forest of Teste de Buch
- Municipal decree regulating the practice of sliding sports on the dune of Pilat