Nature welcomes us, let's respect it!
Belonging to the “Great Sites”, these emblematic landscapes and exceptional places recognized at the national level, the dune of Pilat is listed among the most frequented with nearly 2 million visitors estimated each year. While this attractiveness contributes to economic development, it subjects nearby natural environments to strong pressure.
By adopting a few simple reflexes, each of us can contribute to respecting biodiversity, while enjoying an exceptional natural setting.
Respect the regulations in protected environments
For your safety and respect for the Grand Site,
- Do not leave your waste in nature
- Respect the biodiversity that makes it up: no disturbance of species, no picking of plants and no sampling (plants, sand, relics, etc.)
- Dispose of your cigarette butts in the appropriate places
- No fires, regardless of the location
- Bivouacs and wild camping prohibited
- Keep your dog on a leash
- Motorized vehicles prohibited
- Board sports prohibited
- Observe the authorized overflight zones: regulated free flight practice
Avoid wild parking
To avoid impacting species and their habitats, but also to guarantee everyone's safety, do not park your vehicle along the road.
Protect forests from fires
The Landes de Gascogne massif is classified as a high risk forest fire. The risk of forest fires is permanent and increases with the reckless behavior of visitors.
94% forest fires are of human origin. For your safety and to limit the risk of starting fires, everyone must be vigilant and adopt the right actions.
In case of fire, dial 18 or 112.
The practice of free flight
The practice of free flight is open in respect of the environment and the regulations in force.
For everyone's safety, please respect these few rules.
The use of drones
In order to ensure the safety of all visitors, the use of drones within the framework of a leisure use is strictly prohibited on the Grand Site of the Dune of Pilat.
Professional drones require prior authorization.
- Departmental decree of 15.10.2021 - Prohibition of access to the Dune du Pilat car park for vehicles over 3T5
- Municipal decree 2021-560 - imposing the wearing of a mask on the reception area of the Grand Site de la Dune du Pilat
- Prefectural decree-August 13, 2021- prescribing measures to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus in the Gironde department
- Municipal decree 2021-505 - imposing the wearing of a mask on the reception area of the Grand Site de la Dune du Pilat
- Municipal decree 2021-0182 - regulating the use of drone-type flying devices on the territory of the municipality
- Order n ° 2014-849 - Traffic and parking within the national forest and the coastal area of the Teste de Buch
- Order n ° 2014-788 - regulating the practice of paragliding on the dune of Pilat
- Order n ° 2013-726 - Protection of wooded and coastal natural areas of the Teste de Buch
- Amending prefectural decree 2009 - relating to the regulations in the classified site of the dune of Pilat and the user forest of Teste de Buch
- Prefectural decree 2005 - relating to the regulations in the classified site of the dune of Pilat and the user forest of Teste de Buch
- Municipal decree regulating the practice of sliding sports on the dune of Pilat