From this Friday, August 5, it will again be possible to access the Dune reception area by car.
Attendance at the Grand Site is very dense in August.
BEFORE COMING, CHECK THE ATTENDANCE OF THE PARKING PARK IN REAL TIME HERE.
Prioritize the alternative modes of transport by car by bike or bus:
– Direct Shuttle to Exhibition Center > Dune du Pilat : park at the Parking Relais at the Parc des Expositions de La Teste de Buch to take the bus to the Dune.
Prices : €3 parking + €2 return transport (per person) from 4 years old
– Line 3: Arcachon station (and following stops) to the Dune du Pilat (terminus)
– Line 101 express: Arcachon station (and following stops) to the Dune du Pilat (terminus)
– Line 102 express: Port du Teich (and following stops) to the Dune du Pilat (terminus)
Rates for the 3 lines : https://www.bus-baia.fr/titres-et-tarifs.html
Attention, the Prefecture of the Gironde has raised the vigilance forest fire at red level, with a very high risk of 4/5 until further notice. The restrictive measures already in force are strengthened.
Reminder of mandatory rules:
- Prohibition to wander in the forest (the fire is fixed and not extinguished!)
- No smoking
- Stay on the marked paths leading to the Dune
- Once on the ridge, do not venture beyond the area around the stairs.
Thanks for understanding. Learn more here.
With the partial reopening of the Grand Site de la Dune (access to the forest massif is prohibited), our nature guides offer you receptions posted on the crest of the Dune to better understand the riches of this exceptional heritage.
By reading the landscape, they will return with you to the impacts related to the fire (fauna and flora) and will tell you the story of this ocean of greenery intimately linked to the formation of the highest Dune in Europe.
How are landscapes formed? Is the Dune du Pilat mobile? How does she move? What life harbors this fragile ecosystem? What is tapping?
Laurie, Marine, Simon and Noëlie invite you alongside them to discover this heritage and its history.
Information at the Dune du Pilat information point: 05 56 22 12 85 / firstname.lastname@example.org