The requalification of the reception space was done in favor of:
- a simple and coherent architecture (huts under the trees integrated into their forest environment)
- a better relationship with the adjoining forest
- upgrading to accessibility and safety standards
- public services more adapted to public attendance and expectations
- smoother circulation within the reception area, safe routes, alternatives to the use of the car
- development of mediation and environmental awareness tools
- an evolution of the commercial offer more in line with current trends
Cost and financing of operations
The Mixed Union of the Great Dune of Pilat finances the rehabilitation work to the tune of 2 million euros.
A look back at the inauguration in June 2023
On Friday June 30, the inauguration of the reception area of the Dune du Pilat, an emblematic site of our territory, took place by Nathalie Le Yondre, President of the Mixed Management Union, in the presence of State services and the Conservatory. from the coast, elected officials, partners of the Grand Site, project managers, companies... Everyone came in large numbers to celebrate this important moment which illustrates our action guided by the Grand Site de France approach.
Developments driven by the search for a balance between improving the conditions for welcoming visitors and discovering the site as well as preserving this fragile natural space.
Some key figures: 2 years of work delayed by the pandemic and interrupted by the fires which hit the Gironde in 2022 / 3 major operations / 3 project managers on a site open to visitors despite the work / 24 companies on the site...
Project management for the requalification of the reception area of the Grand Site de la Dune du Pilat: Aldebert Verdier Architectes / AVA – BASE landscape – IGConcept / Agence FolléaGautier / BB scenography – Benjamin Ribeau (Graphics)
Images Midi Prod – Patrice Hauser